MISSION: Advancing oral, craniofacial, and public health through excellence in education, discovery, and patient-centered care.
VISION: To be a worldwide leader in dental education and public health, clinical practice, and scientific discovery.
VALUES: Our core values encompass our operating philosophy and principles that guide us in our daily actions and decisions, as well as in our interactions with others.
- We will strive for excellence in the clinical practice of dentistry and provide quality patient care in the most efficient and effective manner to achieve optimal patient health.
- We will provide innovative, inter-professional educational experiences that develop students as integral members of the health care team and future leaders.
- We will generate and disseminate new knowledge in our research and discovery, and its applications, to improve the public’s health and oral health, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- We will foster an environment in which all students, employees, clinicians, and researchers can reach their highest personal academic and professional potential.
- We will strive for excellence and continuous quality improvement in all of our activities.
- We will act ethically, openly, honestly, respectfully, and with integrity in our daily actions and interactions.
- We will pursue the advancement of knowledge while meeting the highest standards of honesty, accuracy, and objectivity.
- We will act with professionalism, performing to the highest standards of knowledge, respect, and trust.
- We respect the ideas, rights, and dignity of all students, faculty, staff, patients, colleagues, and community partners. We will act with concern and sensitivity, considering the impact of our actions on others.
- We respect all patients and provide them with compassionate, ethical, and culturally appropriate treatment.
- We respect and value the opinions of others whose backgrounds or perspectives may differ from our own.
- We value diversity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
- We encourage collaboration and cooperation among all units in our organization, and among faculty, staff, students, and our community.
- We understand the need for change and embrace new challenges.
- We value teamwork in our approach to finding innovative solutions to common problems.
- We will exercise sound judgment and serve the best interests of our patients, the institution, and our community.
- We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions. We celebrate our successes and learn from our experiences.
- We promote efficient operations and controls; responsible and transparent management and reporting; and protection of the public’s assets.
- We will be accountable for our conduct and compliance with applicable laws and University policies.
- Our strength, and competitive advantage, is and always will be people.
- We will develop team leadership and management skills at every level.
- We will continually learn and share ideas and knowledge.
- We value alumni participation and their support of school successes and growth.
- We are committed to improving the quality of life for our faculty, staff and students.
- We will invest in the communities we serve through service and partnerships, and encourage all employees and alumni to contribute in their communities.
- We will serve as advocates, especially for underserved populations, to promote equity and reduce oral health disparities