UCSF Dentistry Summer Fellows 2011 Announced
The committee to select predoctoral dental students to participate in our summer research program has completed its selection process and announced the successful scholars. Thanks to the committee, led again this year by Peter Loomer, DDS, PhD, who worked hard to review all the applicants and proposal.
The program is funded by the generous support of the Department Chairs, support from Joel Palefsky’s PACCTR program, and this year, a donation from Delta Dental.
2011 Summer Fellows
- Ramina Sarmicanic (Torsten Wittmann, mentor)
- Todor Stavrev (Maria Orellana, mentor)
- Abraham Tang (Peter Loomer, mentor)
- Payam Ishani (Stefan Habelitz, mentor)
- Antonio Diaz (Judith Barker, mentor)
- Mike Morris (Sharof Tugozov, mentor)
- Kristin Evans (Tri Huynh, mentor)
- Stacey Moon (Rich Schneider, mentor)
- Kristina Ahlwardt (Barbara Gerbert, mentor)
- Ali Sadat (Theodore Miclau, mentor)
- Iveta Markova (Ling Zhan, mentor)
- Kulginder Sran (Ralph Marcucio, mentor)
Front row, left to right: Abraham Tang, Kristina Ahlwardt, Kristin Evans, Stacey Moon, Iveta Markova, Ramina Sarmicanic. Middle row, left to right: Michael Morris, Antonio Diaz, Payam Ishani Afousi, Kulginder Sran, Todor Stavrev. Back row, left to right: Dr. Peter Loomer, Dean John D.B. Featherstone, Dr. Richard Jordan.
Selection committee members: Gwen Essex, Paul Green, Sunita Ho, Michael McMaster, Sneha Oberoi, Dorothy Perry, Dan Ramos, Mark Ryder, Arun Sharma, Caroline Shiboski