Edward Hsiao M.D., Ph.D.
Understanding how hormone signals affect mesenchymal tissues in normal growth and in disease
- Tel: (415) 476-9732
- Email: email@example.com
Edward Hsiao, MD, PhD, is an endocrinologist at the University of California, San Francisco.
See list below or visit: http://profiles.ucsf.edu/ProfileDetails.aspx?Person=555216
1. Schepers K, Hsiao EC, Garg T, Scott MJ, Passegué E. Activated Gs signaling in osteoblastic cells alters the hematopoietic stem cell niche in mice. Blood. 2012 Oct 25; 120(17):3425-35.
2. Kazakia GJ, Speer D, Shanbhag S, Majumdar S, Conklin BR, Nissenson RA, Hsiao EC. Mineral composition is altered by osteoblast expression of an engineered G(s)-coupled receptor. Calcif Tissue Int. 2011 Jul; 89(1):10-20.
3. Hsiao EC, Nguyen TD, Ng JK, Scott MJ, Chang WC, Zahed H, Conklin BR. Constitutive Gs activation using a single-construct tetracycline-inducible expression system in embryonic stem cells and mice. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2011; 2(2):11.
View in: PubMed
4. van Laake LW, Qian L, Cheng P, Huang Y, Hsiao EC, Conklin BR, Srivastava D. Reporter-based isolation of induced pluripotent stem cell- and embryonic stem cell-derived cardiac progenitors reveals limited gene expression variance. Circ Res. 2010 Aug 6; 107(3):340-7.
5. Hsiao EC, Boudignon BM, Halloran BP, Nissenson RA, Conklin BR. Gs G protein-coupled receptor signaling in osteoblasts elicits age-dependent effects on bone formation. J Bone Miner Res. 2010 Mar; 25(3):584-93.
6. Hsiao EC, Millard SM, Louie A, Huang Y, Conklin BR, Nissenson RA. Ligand-mediated activation of an engineered gs g protein-coupled receptor in osteoblasts increases trabecular bone formation. Mol Endocrinol. 2010 Mar; 24(3):621-31.
7. Ali B, Hsiao E, Di Carli MF. Combined anatomic and perfusion imaging of the heart. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2010 Jan; 12(1):90-7.
8. Hsiao EC, Fox IK, Tung TH, Mackinnon SE. Motor nerve transfers to restore extrinsic median nerve function: case report. Hand (N Y). 2009 Mar; 4(1):92-7.
9. Conklin BR, Hsiao EC, Claeysen S, Dumuis A, Srinivasan S, Forsayeth JR, Guettier JM, Chang WC, Pei Y, McCarthy KD, Nissenson RA, Wess J, Bockaert J, Roth BL. Engineering GPCR signaling pathways with RASSLs. Nat Methods. 2008 Aug; 5(8):673-8.
10. Hsiao EC, Yoshinaga Y, Nguyen TD, Musone SL, Kim JE, Swinton P, Espineda I, Manalac C, deJong PJ, Conklin BR. Marking embryonic stem cells with a 2A self-cleaving peptide: a NKX2-5 emerald GFP BAC reporter. PLoS One. 2008; 3(7):e2532.
11. Ivey KN, Muth A, Arnold J, King FW, Yeh RF, Fish JE, Hsiao EC, Schwartz RJ, Conklin BR, Bernstein HS, Srivastava D. MicroRNA regulation of cell lineages in mouse and human embryonic stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2008 Mar 6; 2(3):219-29.
12. Hsiao EC, Boudignon BM, Chang WC, Bencsik M, Peng J, Nguyen TD, Manalac C, Halloran BP, Conklin BR, Nissenson RA. Osteoblast expression of an engineered Gs-coupled receptor dramatically increases bone mass. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Jan 29; 105(4):1209-14.
13. Chang WC, Ng JK, Nguyen T, Pellissier L, Claeysen S, Hsiao EC, Conklin BR. Modifying ligand-induced and constitutive signaling of the human 5-HT4 receptor. PLoS One. 2007; 2(12):e1317.
14. Kwon C, Arnold J, Hsiao EC, Taketo MM, Conklin BR, Srivastava D. Canonical Wnt signaling is a positive regulator of mammalian cardiac progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Jun 26; 104(26):10894-9.
15. Zimmers TA, Jin X, Hsiao EC, Perez EA, Pierce RH, Chavin KD, Koniaris LG. Growth differentiation factor-15: induction in liver injury through p53 and tumor necrosis factor-independent mechanisms. J Surg Res. 2006 Jan; 130(1):45-51.
16. Zimmers TA, Jin X, Hsiao EC, McGrath SA, Esquela AF, Koniaris LG. Growth differentiation factor-15/macrophage inhibitory cytokine-1 induction after kidney and lung injury. Shock. 2005 Jun; 23(6):543-8.
17. Hsiao E, Charles R, Magid C, Nivatpumin P, Wiener CM. An unusual development. Am J Med. 2005 Jun; 118(6):609-11.
18. Nakakura EK, Sriuranpong VR, Kunnimalaiyaan M, Hsiao EC, Schuebel KE, Borges MW, Jin N, Collins BJ, Nelkin BD, Chen H, Ball DW. Regulation of neuroendocrine differentiation in gastrointestinal carcinoid tumor cells by notch signaling. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Jul; 90(7):4350-6.
19. Maruthur NM, Hsiao EC, Lee J, Nivatpumin P. Cases from the Osler medical service at Johns Hopkins University. Am J Med. 2004 Apr 1; 116(7):490-2.
20. Koniaris LG, Zimmers-Koniaris T, Hsiao EC, Chavin K, Sitzmann JV, Farber JM. Cytokine-responsive gene-2/IFN-inducible protein-10 expression in multiple models of liver and bile duct injury suggests a role in tissue regeneration. J Immunol. 2001 Jul 1; 167(1):399-406.
21. Hsiao EC, Koniaris LG, Zimmers-Koniaris T, Sebald SM, Huynh TV, Lee SJ. Characterization of growth-differentiation factor 15, a transforming growth factor beta superfamily member induced following liver injury. Mol Cell Biol. 2000 May; 20(10):3742-51.
22. Hertel KJ, Lynch KW, Hsiao EC, Liu EH, Maniatis T. Structural and functional conservation of the Drosophila doublesex splicing enhancer repeat elements. RNA. 1996 Oct; 2(10):969-81.