Osamu Tetsu M.D., Ph.D.
Cancer and molecular biology
- Tel: (415) 514-0870
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Tetsu has benefited from extensive training in cancer and molecular biology after a residency in general and abdominal surgery. Dr Tetsu receives his MD and his PhD in Japan and moved to the United States in 1997 for postdoctoral training with Dr Frank McCormick. Since then, Dr Tetsu has discovered that cyclin D1 is a b-catenin target gene (Nature 398, 1999) and that CDK2 kinase activity is dispensable in cancer cells (Cancer Cell 3, 2003). In addition, Dr Tetsu collaborated with his colleagues and identified causative genes in the MAPK signaling pathway in cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (Science 311, 2006; Hum Mol Genet 17, 2008). Moreover, Dr Tetsu found that cyclin D1 degradation is mediated by phosphorylation at Thr286 through the MAPK signaling cascade and the FBXW8, which is an E3 ligase (PLoS One 1, 2007). Recently, Dr Tetsu is focusing his research interests in adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) of the salivary glands, and identified cross-contamination and misidentification of ACC cell lines (PLos One 4, 2009), and has discovered inactivation of c-Kit signaling in ACC tumors in collaboration with Dr Richard Jordan (Neoplasia 12, 2010).
- Tetsu O, McCormick F. (1999). Beta-catenin regulates expression of cyclin D1 in colon carcinoma cells. Nature. 398:422-6.
- Tetsu O, McCormick F. Proliferation of cancer cells despite CDK2 inhibition. (2003). Cancer Cell. 3:233-45.
- Okabe H, Lee SH, Phuchareon J, Albertson DG, McCormick F, Tetsu O. (2006). A critical role for FBXW8 and MAPK in cyclin D1 degradation and cancer cell proliferation. PLoS ONE 1 e128, 1-12.
- Phuchareon J, Ohta Y, Woo JM, Eisele DW, Tetsu O. (2009). Genetic profiling reveals cross-contamination and misidentification of 6 adenoid cystic carcinoma cell lines: ACC2, ACC3, ACCM, ACCNS, ACCS and CAC2. PLoS One: 4: e6040.
- Tetsu O, Phuchareon J, Chou A, Cox DP, Eisele DW, Jordan RCK. (2010). Mutations in the c-Kit gene disrupt mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling during tumor development in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the salivary glands. Neoplasia: 12: 708-717.