Stuart Gansky DrPH
Oral health research, health disparities research, applied statistical analyses and related methodological issues
- Tel: (415) 502-8094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Gansky's research has concentrated on collaborative oral health research areas and its related methodological issues. Collaborative research projects have included a series of studies examining dentin, bonding, and tissue engineering; the Intergenerational Study of Adult Periodontitis (MultiPied); the Study of Chronic Pain/Temporomandibular Disorders (TMDs) in Young Women; caries risk assessment studies (one on early childhood caries and one on high risk adults); and tobacco cessation interventions.
He currently serves as Associate Director of the Biostatistics and Research Design Core of UCSF's Comprehensive Oral Health Research Center of Discovery as well as Director of the Measurement & Evaluation Core of UCSF's Center to Address Disparities in Children's Oral Health. He is PI of an NIDCR grant to develop risk assessment models for early childhood caries. Also, he is co-PI and biostatistician to study factors related to temporomandibular joint disorders and fibromylagia precursors in an established cohort of young women in which racial differences in pain reports have been found.
1. Fisher-Owens SA, Isong IA, Soobader MJ, Gansky SA, Weintraub JA, Platt LJ, Newacheck PW. An examination of racial/ethnic disparities in children's oral health in the United States. J Public Health Dent. 2012 Sep 13.
2. Isong IA, Soobader MJ, Fisher-Owens SA, Weintraub JA, Gansky SA, Platt LJ, Newacheck PW. Racial Disparity Trends in Children's Dental Visits: US National Health Interview Survey, 1964-2010. Pediatrics. 2012 Aug; 130(2):306-14.
3. Prakash P, Belek MG, Grimes B, Silverstein S, Meckstroth R, Heckman B, Weintraub JA, Gansky SA, Walsh MM. Dentists' attitudes, behaviors, and barriers related to tobacco-use cessation in the dental setting. J Public Health Dent. 2012 Jun 26.
4. Burwell AK, Thula-Mata T, Gower LB, Habeliz S, Kurylo M, Ho SP, Chien YC, Cheng J, Cheng NF, Gansky SA, Marshall SJ, Marshall GW. Functional remineralization of dentin lesions using polymer-induced liquid-precursor process. PLoS One. 2012; 7(6):e38852.
5. Walsh MM, Belek M, Prakash P, Grimes B, Heckman B, Kaufman N, Meckstroth R, Kavanagh C, Murray J, Weintraub JA, Silverstein S, Gansky SA. The effect of training on the use of tobacco-use cessation guidelines in dental settings. J Am Dent Assoc. 2012 Jun; 143(6):602-13.
6. Curtis DA, Gansky SA, Plesh O. Deep and superficial masseter muscle blood flow in women. J Prosthodont. 2012 Aug; 21(6):472-7.
7. Plesh O, Adams SH, Gansky SA. Self-Reported Comorbid Pains in Severe Headaches or Migraines in a US National Sample. Headache. 2012 Jun; 52(6):946-56.
8. Garrett GM, Citi AM, Gansky SA. Parental functional health literacy relates to skip pattern questionnaire error and to child oral health. J Calif Dent Assoc. 2012 May; 40(5):423-30.
9. Leong NL, Hurng JM, Djomehri SI, Gansky SA, Ryder MI, Ho SP. Age-Related Adaptation of Bone-PDL-Tooth Complex: Rattus-Norvegicus as a Model System. PLoS One. 2012; 7(4):e35980.
10. Adams SH, Rowe CR, Gansky SA, Cheng NF, Barker JC, Hyde S. Caregiver acceptability and preferences for preventive dental treatments for young African-American children. J Public Health Dent. 2012 Jun; 72(3):252-60.
11. Featherstone JD, White JM, Hoover CI, Rapozo-Hilo M, Weintraub JA, Wilson RS, Zhan L, Gansky SA. A Randomized Clinical Trial of Anticaries Therapies Targeted according to Risk Assessment (Caries Management by Risk Assessment). Caries Res. 2012; 46(2):118-29.
12. Yelin E, Tonner C, Trupin L, Gansky SA, Julian L, Katz P, Yazdany J, Kaiser R, Criswell LA. Longitudinal study of the impact of incident organ manifestations and increased disease activity on work loss among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012 Feb; 64(2):169-75.
13. Igumbor EU, Puoane T, Gansky SA, Plesh O. Pain as a reason for primary care visits: cross-sectional survey in a rural and periurban health clinic in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Southern African Family Practice. 2012; 54(3):256-263.
14. Ramos-Gomez FJ, Gansky SA, Featherstone JD, Jue B, Gonzalez-Beristain R, Santo W, Martinez E, Weintraub JA. Mother and youth access (MAYA) maternal chlorhexidine, counselling and paediatric fluoride varnish randomized clinical trial to prevent early childhood caries. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2012 May; 22(3):169-79.
15. Barton JL, Trupin L, Schillinger D, Gansky SA, Tonner C, Margaretten M, Chernitskiy V, Graf J, Imboden J, Yelin E. Racial and ethnic disparities in disease activity and function among persons with rheumatoid arthritis from university-affiliated clinics. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011 Sep; 63(9):1238-46.
16. Yazdany J, Trupin L, Gansky SA, Dall'era M, Yelin EH, Criswell LA, Katz PP. Brief index of lupus damage: a patient-reported measure of damage in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011 Aug; 63(8):1170-7.
17. Gansky SA, Cheng NF, Koch GG. Dose-Weighted Adjusted Mantel-Haenszel Tests for Numeric Scaled Strata in a Randomized Trial. Stat Biopharm Res. 2011 May 1; 3(2):266-275.
18. Swasty D, Lee J, Huang JC, Maki K, Gansky SA, Hatcher D, Miller AJ. Cross-sectional human mandibular morphology as assessed in vivo by cone-beam computed tomography in patients with different vertical facial dimensions. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011 Apr; 139(4 Suppl):e377-89.
19. Plesh O, Adams SH, Gansky SA. Temporomandibular Joint and muscle disorder-type pain and comorbid pains in a national US sample. J Orofac Pain. 2011; 25(3):190-8.
20. Plesh O, Adams SH, Gansky SA. Racial/Ethnic and gender prevalences in reported common pains in a national sample. J Orofac Pain. 2011; 25(1):25-31.