Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UCSF
707 Parnassus Avenue
Medical Sciences Building, D-1201
San Francisco, CA 94143-0476
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Out-Patients are seen in 707 Parnassus Ave (UCSF Dental Center), Room D-1201. Orofacial Pain Service and In-Patient evaluations will continue in S-738.
Days/hours of operation:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am – 9:00am
- Thursday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Friday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- After Hours for EMERGENCIES ONLY, (415) 476-3242 – the answering service will page the on-call dental resident.
Please call for appointments and questions during business hours.
Description of Services:
Inpatient and outpatient services include:
- Jaw reconstruction and implants for atrophic jaw bones, cancer patients and patients with postoperative radiation therapy
- Reconstruction of the temporomandibular joint
- Surgical correction of facial and jaw deformities
- Diagnosis and management of oral cancer and related pathologies
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- Assessment & repair of nerve injuries
- Laser surgery
- Extraction of wisdom and other teeth under nitrous oxide, IV sedation or general anesthesia as required for pain or anxiety
- General dentistry for dental phobic, developmentally disabled, or medically compromised patients
See Description of Services
Insurance plans accepted:
- Medical: For medically covered procedures, all medical insurance plans affiliated with the Hill Physicians Medical Group, UCSF Medical Group and Medi-Cal.
- Dental: Denti-Cal, Delta Dental, Cigna Dental, AETNA Dental, United Concordia Champus Dental Plans
Special instructions for new patients:
If you belong to an HMO or PPO or other insurance that requires preauthorization before seeing a specialist, please obtain the authorization before appearing for your visit, even if your dentist is referring you. If you have recent x-rays, please bring them with you.