The UCSF integrated DDS/PhD program is a highly competitive program that requires credentials to allow admissions to both the PhD and DDS programs.
These require separate application processes. Information regarding the DDS application process can be found here: http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/dentistry-dds/application-procedures .
The OCS DDS/PhD application process begins June 1 and closes on October 15 (see application website below).
The requirements for Graduate Division Admission include:
- Statement of purpose (one page, single spaced)
- Three letters of recommendation (usually from professors who are familiar with your research experience)
- Original transcripts from all schools attended. If concurrently applying to the dental school, you will need to arrange for a second set of transcripts.
- Original TOEFL scores (If English is not your native language)
- Completed Graduate Division application by December 1. The application form is available at https://https://gradapplication.ucsf.edu/ 
Information on other requirements for dental school admission, student health services, and housing can be found in the section pertaining to the DDS program.
For more information or questions about the DDS/PhD program please contact:
Roger Mraz, Program Administrator
Office of Graduate and Research Affairs
513 Parnassus Ave., S-619A
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
email: Roger.Mraz@ucsf.edu