521 Parnassus Avenue
Clinical Sciences, C-646
San Francisco, CA 94143-0658
415-476-2045 415-514-2862 (fax)
Days/hours of operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 Noon and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Click here to open directions from the Marin and the East Bay as an Adobe Acrobat PDF  (Click here to download the free Adobe Acrobat reader. )
- Click here to open directions from the South Bay as an Adobe Acrobat PDF  (Click here to download the free Adobe Acrobat reader. )
- Director: Daniel Ramos, DDS, PhD
- Caroline Shiboski, DDS, MPH, PhD
- Troy Daniels, DDS, MS
- Deborah Greenspan, BDS, DSc
- John Robinson, DDS
- Sol Silverman, MA, DDS
- Sivappiriyai (Piri) Veluppillai, DDS, MS
- Ava Wu, DDS
Other Faculty and clinicians:
- Don Fisher, DDS
- Elena Ortega, RDH
- Nita Wu, DMD, MPH, PhD
CLINICAL CENTER SERVICES
The center, which was founded in 1956, comprises several specialty outpatient clinics that provide world-renowned expertise in the diagnosis and management of oral diseases such as:
- Oral cancer and pre-cancerous lesions
- Inflammatory muco-cutaneous diseasese.g., lichen planus, pemphigus, pemphigoid
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Aphthous ulcers
- Infectious diseases
- HIV-related oral diseases
- Sjögren's syndrome
Outstanding and efficient biopsy specimen examination through the UCSF Oral Pathology Service
Laser management of oral lesions such as intra-oral warts
Pre-radiation oral health consultation of patients with cancer of the head & neck.
Dental hygiene services, including pre and post head & neck radiation.
Oral medicine consultations for patients in UCSF hospitals.
Special instructions for new patients:
If you belong to an HMO or PPO or other insurance that requires pre-authorization before seeing a specialist, please obtain the authorization before appearing for your visit, even if your dentist is referring you. If a pre-authorization is required by your plan, and you do not obtain it prior to your visit, you will be required to pay for your consultation up front. Please bring all records related to previous treatment of these conditions.
Special instructions for referring providers:
Please send all patient records including clinical presentation and tentative diagnosis.
If the patient has medical insurance, please have the patient arrange authorization prior to their visit. Please include authorizing telephone, fax, and email when possible.
- American Academy of Oral Medicine (AAOM): http://aaom.com/ 
- International Association for Dental Research and American Association for Dental Research (IADR/AADR): http://iadr.org/ 
- HIV dent: http://hivdent.org/ 
- University of California San Francisco Oral Pathology Diagnostic Services: http://www.ucsf.edu/oralpath/ 
- Sjögren's International Collaborative Clinical Alliance (SICCA): http://sicca.ucsf.edu/