Online register is closed, but you may register on-site or call us at 415-514-0778
This course is designed to help attendees become familiar with sleep medicine for dentists. Sleep bruxism is a sleep-related breathing movement disorder associated to tooth grinding and/or clenching. Risk factors and mechanisms related to its genesis are debated in the literature, including stress and anxiety, autonomic cardiac activation, genetic and environmental predisposition. Dentists are on the front line to recognize and manage bruxism. Diagnosis, management, and the link to TMD will be discussed.
- Precision medicine and future of DSM
- Pain and sleep interaction with a visit on placebo analgesia, sleep deprivation, traumatic brain injury
- Sleep bruxism and concomitant disorders (including apnea, TMD)
- Discuss link between OSA and bruxism, chronic pain and TMD
- Discuss treatment rationale for your OSA patients.
- Be able to integrate dental sleep medicine into your practice through proper screening, co-diagnosis and treatment.
- Identify trending technologies used in the treatment of OSA.
This course is designed for general dentists, dental specialists, and the entire dental team.
Gilles Lavigne, DMD, PhD, University of Montreal, internationally recognized as the foremost leader in bruxism research for his experimental and clinical research projects on sleep bruxism and its interactions with sleep, pain and breathing disorders.
CDE Coursework Units:
7 Category I Units
Dentist - $299
Auxiliary - $229
UCSF Faculty/Staff: Please call 415.514.0778.
Tuition includes continental breakfast, course materials, and parking.
Tuition refund, less a $50 cancellation fee, will be issued only for cancellations received in writing at least 3 business days prior to the start date of the course. No refunds will be issued for late cancellations or no-shows. We reserve the right to cancel any course due to circumstances beyond our control; under those circumstances we will refund all course fee payments. Please be aware that UCSF School of Dentistry CDE is not responsible for reimbursement of nonrefundable airline tickets or any other travel expenses in the event that a course is cancelled.
For more information please call our office at 415.514.0778.