The application deadlines for each academic module are as follows:
**As of October 10, 2023, the application deadlines have changed. We will accept applications for Spring 2024 until December 15, 2023**
Fall Module (Oct. 1- Dec. 31): Application deadline by April 15
Winter Module (Jan. 1- March 31): Application deadline by July 15
Spring Module (April 1-June 30): Application deadline by October 15
Summer Module (July 1-Sept. 30): Application deadline by January 15
Note: For applicants who require a J-1 Visa, please note that the start date can vary.
J1 Eligibility Requirements - Applicable to candidates who do not possess permanent resident, a green card, a H-4 or J-2 visa.
- Admitted to a UCSF academic study or research program for a prescribed course of study.
- Have adequate knowledge of English to successfully complete the program.
- Maintain health insurance for self and J-2 dependents for the duration of the program.
- Demonstrate appropriate funding for self and spouse for the entire length of program.
- Significant amount of funding (51%) must come from non-personal source. See below. A non-personal source could be a home institution, employer, national or local government grant, scholarship or fellowship. For more information on the J-1 Student Non-Degree visa, visit the UCSF International Student and Scholars Office website or email email@example.com.