Students must apply to both the DDS program and the PhD program (through the Graduate Division).
Requirements for the DDS component are found on our DDS admissions page.
The requirements for Graduate Division Admission include:
- Statement of purpose (one page, single spaced)
- Three letters of recommendation (usually from professors who are familiar with your research experience)
- Original transcripts from all schools attended. If concurrently applying to the dental school, you will need to arrange for a second set of transcripts.
- Original TOEFL scores (if English is not your native language)
- Completed Graduate Division application by Oct. 15. Access the application form here.
Policies and Resources
UCSF has a wide range of resources to help educate prospective students and protect the rights of current students.