Dental Hygiene Graduate Program Interim Director
Dorothy Rowe, RDH, MS, PhD
Applicants for admission to the MS program in dental hygiene must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Graduation from a basic preparation program in dental hygiene or a DDS/DMD degree
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in any discipline
- A minimum overall and science college GPA of 2.7 for California residents, 3.0 for non-California residents
The application opens in October and closes March 31. The one-year program begins in July and finishes the following June. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and preference is given to early applicants. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
You must submit the following:
- UCSF Graduate Division application ($105 application fee for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $125 for international applicants)
- Official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Two letters of recommendation
- Results of the TOEFL or IELTS, if you're an international student (The TOEFL institution code for UCSF is 4840.)
Please have official academic transcripts sent to:
Dental Hygiene Master of Science Program
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences
3333 California St., Suite 495
San Francisco, CA 94143-1361
After you have submitted your application, you will be contacted for a required interview.
For information about fees and financial aid, visit UCSF Student Financial Aid.
In addition to the financial aid provided by the university, scholarship opportunities specific to dental hygiene are available from the American Dental Hygienists Association, the American Dental Education Association, the National Dental Hygienists' Association and the Hispanic Dental Association.