Start Your Application
JULY 10, 2020 for priority consideration
ADEA PASS DEADLINE: AUGUST 1, 2020
Office of Admissions & Outreach
513 Parnassus Ave., S630
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
To be eligible for admission to the Endodontics residency program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS or DMD degree issued by a dental school accredited by the U.S. ADA’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) by the start of the program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Pass the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE), Part 1 by the application deadline. Accepted candidates must Pass and submit NBDE Part 2 results by the start of the program. If you already have completed your dental program: Passing score(s) from NBDE Parts 1 & 2 OR the Integrated National Board Exam (INBDE) are required by the application deadline.
- Optional but not required: Take the Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT)
NOTE: the ADEA PASS Deadline is August 1; however, completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis & interviews will occur in July. We encourage that you submit your application before July 10 for priority consideration.
There are two steps to the application process:
- Submit your application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS) by August 1. You must include the following: personal essay, curriculum vitae (CV), official dental school transcript, unofficial copies of all undergraduate/graduate transcripts, three PASS evaluation forms (one from an endodontist), dean's institution evaluation and all required scores.
- Following submission of the ADEA PASS application, submit the nonrefundable application processing fee of $60 through the UCSF application fee portal.
If you have international coursework:
You must submit to ADEA PASS a course-by-course evaluation of all international transcripts by either Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or World Education Services AND send an official copy of the international transcript directly to the SOD Office of Admissions.
If a WES ICAP report is submitted to PASS this will fulfill the requirement for the evaluation and transcript.
Send these items to:
University of California, San Francisco
School of Dentistry Office of Admissions & Outreach
513 Parnassus Ave., S-630
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
Please note: To be considered for a position in the Endodontics residency program, you must meet all qualifications and submit all required documentation, including the UCSF application processing fee, by the deadline.
We accept three candidates per year and do not participate in the Match process. Admission is based on the applicant's pre-dental and dental school grade point averages, NBDE scores, research experience, clinical experience, letters of recommendation and interview.
Interviews during the 2020-21 admissions season will be conducted remotely. Invitations will be sent directly by the Endodontics program.
Policies and Resources
UCSF has a wide range of resources to help educate prospective students and protect the rights of current students.