To be eligible for admission to the Endodontics program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS or DMD degree from a U.S. dental school accredited by the American Dental Association (traditional or international U.S. DDS/DMD)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Take the Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT)
- Take the National Board Examination (NDBE), Part I
There are two steps to the application process:
- Submit your application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) by Aug. 1.You must include the following: personal essay, curriculum vitae (CV), official dental school transcript, unofficial copies of all undergraduate/graduate transcripts, three PASS evaluation forms (one from an endodontist), dean's institution evaluation and all required scores.
- Submit the nonrefundable $60 application processing fee through the UCSF Online Payment System. The deadline is Aug. 1.
If you have international coursework, you must submit each of the following directly to the School of Dentistry, even if you submitted a copy to PASS:
- Official transcript(s), detailed marks reports, etc. for all college-level coursework taken at a college or university outside the United States or a Canadian institution where English is not the official language of instruction. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution. (Please note: Photocopies, even if notarized, are not acceptable.)
- Official course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or World Education Services for all transcripts received from institutions outside the U.S., including Canadian schools where English is not the official language of instruction.
Send these items to:
University of California, San Francisco
School of Dentistry Office of Admissions
513 Parnassus Ave., S-630
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
Please note: To be considered for a position in the Endodontics program, you must meet all qualifications and submit all required documentation, including the UCSF application processing fee, by the deadline.
We accept two candidates per year. Admission is based on the applicant's pre-dental and dental school grade point averages, NDBE scores, research experience, clinical experience, letters of recommendation and interview.