NYU Lutheran Dental Medicine AEGD Program
For a full description of the AEGD joint program, visit NYU Lutheran's website.
We accept 10 residents each year: four at UCSF and two each in Eureka, Pittsburg and East Palo Alto.
To be eligible for the first year of the AEGD program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate from an approved U.S. or Canadian dental school
- Successfully pass the National Dental Board Examination (NBDE), Parts I and II
- Be eligible for a temporary license or limited permit in those states that require these documents for practice within the score of the AEGD program
- Satisfy immigration requirements, if you're not a U.S. citizen or green card holder
For the second year, you must meet the above requirements as well as provide evidence of completion of a first-year AEGD or general practice residency program.
The AEGD program participates in the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS). To apply, follow these steps:
- Visit the PASS website, click on "ADEA PASS Search Engine" and search for "NYU Lutheran - San Francisco - UCSF Campus" for a list of documents that are required in the application.
- Register for a Postdoctoral Dental Matching (Match) identification number.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Oct. 15.
There is no limit to the number of regions to which you may apply. Do not apply to individual health center training sites. These assignments are generally completed after the Match process and in consideration of the needs of both the candidate and the training sites.
U.S. and Canadian dental school graduates: No other supplemental materials will be required during the application process.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens, green card holders or eligible for the OPT or the TN-1 visa.