We accept two postgraduate students into the Oral Medicine Program each year.
To be eligible for the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS or DMD degree
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if you graduated from a dental school outside the U.S. or Canada
In addition, you must submit a statement of purpose that describes your interest in both oral medicine and oral and craniofacial science.
There are two steps to the application process:
- Submit your application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) by Feb. 1. You must include the following: personal essay, curriculum vitae (CV), dental school transcript, all undergraduate transcripts, two letters of recommendations, dean's institution evaluation, National Board Dental Examination scores and, if applicable Test of English as a Foreign Language scores.
- Submit the nonrefundable application processing fee ($60 for domestic applicants, $80 for international applicants) through the UCSF application portal. The deadline is April 1.
If you have international coursework, you must send the following directly to the School of Dentistry, even if you submitted a copy to PASS, by April 1:
- Official transcript(s), detailed marks reports, etc. for all college-level coursework taken at a college or university outside the United States or a Canadian institution where English is not the official language of instruction. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution. (Please note: Photocopies, even if notarized, are not acceptable.)
- Official course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or World Education Services for all transcripts received from institutions outside the U.S., including Canadian schools where English is not the official language of instruction.
Send these items to:
University of California, San Francisco
School of Dentistry Office of Admissions
513 Parnassus Ave., S-630
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
Please note: To be considered for the Oral Medicine Program, you must meet all qualifications and submit all required documentation, including the UCSF application processing fee, by the deadlines noted above.