To be eligible for admission to the Dental Public Health postgraduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS/DMD degree or equivalent by the start of the program
- Hold an Master of Public Health (MPH) degree or equivalent by the start of the program
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if your native language is not English and you have not completed at least one year of college or university-level studies in the United States.
UC Berkeley - UCSF Joint MPH/DPH Program
Dentists who do not yet have an MPH degree, but are interested in completing the Dental Public Health residency, may consider applying to the UC Berkeley-UCSF joint program. Students spend one year at UC Berkeley in full-time coursework, which culminates in the MPH degree. Following completion of the MPH, students transition to the UCSF DPH program.
Applicants must apply to UC Berkeley for the joint UCB/UCSF program. UC Berkeley applications are handled through SOPHAS. See the Berkeley School of Public Health website for more information.
For applicants not in the joint UCB/UCSF program, there are two steps to the application process:
- Submit your application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS) by the application deadline. You must include the following: personal essay, curriculum vitae (CV), dental school transcript, all undergraduate transcripts, three PASS evaluation forms (PEFs) and dean's institution evaluation
- Following submission of the ADEA PASS application, submit the nonrefundable application processing fee ($60 for domestic applicants, $80 for international applicants) through the UCSF application fee portal. The deadline is Feb. 1.
If you have international coursework:
You must submit to ADEA PASS a course-by-course evaluation of all international transcripts by either Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or World Education Services AND send an official copy of the international transcript directly to the SOD Office of Admissions.
If a WES ICAP report is submitted to ADEA PASS this will fulfill the requirement for the evaluation and transcript.
Send these items to:
University of California, San Francisco
School of Dentistry Office of Admissions & Outreach
513 Parnassus Ave., S-630
San Francisco, CA 94143-0430
Please note: To be considered for admission, you must meet all qualifications and submit all required documentation, including the UCSF application processing fee, by the application deadline.
Policies and Resources
UCSF has a wide range of resources to help educate prospective students and protect the rights of current students.