To be eligible for admission to the Dental Public Health postgraduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS/DMD degree or equivalent (e.g. BDS) by the start of the program
- Hold a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree or equivalent by the start of the program
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if your native language is not English and you have not completed at least one year of college or university-level studies in the United States.
For applicants applying directly for the UCSF DPH certificate program, there are two steps to the application process:
- Submit your application through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS) by the application deadline (February 1st). You must include the following: personal essay, curriculum vitae (CV), dental school transcript, all undergraduate transcripts, three PASS evaluation forms (PEFs) and dean's institutional evaluation
- Following your submission of the ADEA PASS application, submit the non-refundable application processing fee ($60 for domestic applicants, $80 for international applicants) through the UCSF application fee portal. The deadline is Feb. 1st.
For any questions with the application process, please contact email@example.com
If you have international coursework:
You must submit to ADEA PASS a course-by-course evaluation of all international transcripts by either Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or World Education Services AND upload an unofficial copy of the international transcript directly to ADEA PASS.
If a WES ICAP report is submitted to ADEA PASS this will fulfill the requirement for the evaluation and transcript.
Please note: To be considered for admission, you must meet all qualifications and submit all required documentation, including the UCSF application processing fee, by the application deadline.
UC Berkeley - UCSF Joint MPH/DPH Program
Applicants must apply separately to the one-year Interdisciplinary MPH Program at UC Berkeley to be considered for the joint program. UC Berkeley applications are handled through SOPHAS.
Email the MPH program director once you submit your application to indicate your interest in the joint program: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be reviewed by the DPH Admissions Committee and successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
UCB MPH Application deadline: https://publichealth.berkeley.edu/admissions/graduate/dates-and-deadlines/
UCB MPH Application procedures: https://publichealth.berkeley.edu/admissions/graduate/application-instructions/
NOTE: Please do not complete an ADEA PASS application.
Interviews for the 2022-23 admissions cycle will be conducted remotely. Invitations will be sent directly by the program.
Policies and Resources
UCSF has a wide range of resources to help educate prospective students and protect the rights of current students.